1. Plan ahead. We hired our boat the day before because the boatmen suggest heading out early in the morning.
2. To hire a boat, we went to the Tourist Center in Bais but it was closed since we arrived around lunch time. Luckily, we met someone who asked us if we needed a boat to take us around. Since we were pressed for time and couldn't wait for the tourist center to open, we hired him on the spot. Try calling ahead to reserve / set an appointment.
Bais City Tourism Office: 63 (35) 402-6629 and 63 (35) 541-5161
3. If budget allows it, hire a bigger boat. We were only a group of 9 people but our boat was actually made for 20 pax. Since you'll be spending almost the whole day on the boat, you'll want to feel comfortable and not cramped and most importantly, feel safe. Our boat cost PHP4000.00. We used it from 7:30am - 3:00pm.
|Our boat for the day.|
4. Make the most of your boat. There are so many places to visit in Bais like the Manjuyod White Sandbar (if it's low tide) and the Talabong Mangrove Park. You can also ask the boatmen to take you to a nice snorkeling spot and swim.
5. They say the best time to go for dolphin and whale watching is May as the waters are calmer and the wind is just right.
6. Enjoy and have fun! =)