With the chilly and cool weather that we've recently been experiencing (with the exception of the past couple days), our family was in the mood to eat some hot, boiling soup last Sunday and what better way to satisfy this craving by going to a hot pot restaurant.
Out of all of the hot pot restaurants that we could have chosen, we decided to go to King One. It's actually located in Hobbies, the Concept Mall in Macapagal Highway near Roxas Boulevard. I only learned of this place from my Uncle cuz he held his birthday party here last October. Otherwise, I would not have known that it existed since most of the establishments nearby are still closed and the mall is not even well-lit. It's one of the few open. But amazingly, King One, despite the circumstances, has managed to draw a huge crowd. We even had to wait in line.
This is the mall where King One is situated.
So what makes King One stand out from the rest? Let me enumerate for you...
1. It's eat all you can and drink all you can for PHP500.00
2. Even the yang chow fried rice is unlimited!!!
3. King One has a revolving counter with the ingredients fpr the hotpot on top. Ingredients range from various types of noodles, vegetables, mai pao (fried bean curd), tofu, different kinds of noodles, fish lips, shrimp, oysters, bamboo shells, chicken, fat beef (which they cut in front of you), fish balls, squid balls, beef balls, lobster balls, squid balls with mozzeralla, kani stick, golden mushrooms, dumplings, goto, and a whole lot more. All you have to do is grab and grab whatever your stomach desires. Luckily for us, we were seated right beside the revolving counter so we did n0t even have to stand up. Take note though, not everything is on display and since there's alot of people dining in the resto, you have to ask the waiter for some of the ingredients.
4. Our soup...you can request for 2 kinds of soup. We opted for plain (for the kiddies) and sate.
5. Their ingredients are fresh. The bamboo shells were still alive when we got it from the counter.
6. There's also a great deal of employees behind the counter just prepping the ingredients and constantly replenishing the counter.
7. They offer various side dishes as well such as the fried dumplings and fried wanton.
It's not as clean as the other hot pot restaurants but it's definitely worth the trip and extra calories =)